Friday 20 July 2012

Halibut Steaks with Tarragon Butter, Ancient Grains Rice and Sugar Peas with a Raspberry Blueberry Mango Compote Filled Puff Pastry with Whipped Cream

If you're looking for a hassle-free, gorgeous meal this summer, there's no better place to start than right here.

How difficult do you think grilling a beautiful halibut steak with a little butter and tarragon could possibly be? How about, not at all.

I've been growing a few tarragon plants on the balcony, and they are doing really well...unfortunately, the same can not be said about my thyme this year:( 

Don't know what happened, but the thyme shriveled up and died! Seriously, don't know where I went wrong there, but everything else is still alive:)

I consulted my Flavor Bible to check out what paired well with tarragon, and low a behold, mint was on the list. Seeing how I'm also growing mint, I decided to incorporate it into my menu.
Check it out below.

First however, we must start with the beverage of all summer beverages...you guessed it, the mojito!

My Mojito

1 oz white rum
1 tbsp simple syrup
good squeeze of lime
club soda



Mint Infused Ancient Grains Rice Mix

Just follow your package directions.
I added a bit of mint in the water to infuse the rice.


My Tarragon Plants


Simple? Yes. Delicious? Hells yeah!
A lovely sight

With a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc, of course


Raspberry Blueberry Mango Compote

1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
1/8 cup granulated sugar

Add berries and sugar in medium saucepan on med-high heat.
Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to med-low, simmer for approx 10 min or until to desired consistancy.
Cool.


Cheater!!! I used Tenderflake Pastries..follow package directions

I did whip my own cream...1/4 cup with 1 tsp sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment