Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 227 g pkg cremini mushrooms, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, shallot and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 min.
Add to quinoa. Stir in egg, cornstarch, salt and cayenne.
Heat the same non-stick frying pan over medium. Firmly press quinoa mixture into a 1/2-cup measuring cup. Turn and release into pan. Gently press to shape into a patty about 4 in. wide. Repeat, cooking 2 patties at a time. Cook until golden and warmed through, about 4 min per side. Top with hummus and roasted plum tomatoes.
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- 1 medium cucumber , peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Table salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 small minced red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 romaine heart , cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese , crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Ground black pepper
Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt in colander set over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, 5 minutes.
Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Dark Chocolate Drizzled Strawberries and Raspberries
Clean fresh berries
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
mint to garnish
Melt chocolate in heat proof bowl, in boiling water.
Drizzel chocolate over berries with tablespoon.